Feed Your Pregnant Body!™
Live Online Classroom -- Thursdays -- 6.30pm to 8.00pm -- 2/May to 6/June
The Feed Your Pregnant Body!™ Program will guide you through nutrition and lifestyle steps to optimize your chances of having a healthy baby and feeling great throughout pregnancy!
Module 1: Nutrition basics, morning sickness and carbohydrate cravings
- Causes of morning sickness and nausea
- Basic remedies for nausea
- How to deal with carbohydrate cravings
- Top foods to nourish you and your growing baby when you have nausea and carbohydrate cravings
Module 2: Managing fatigue during pregnancy
- Causes of fatigue
- The connection between blood sugar imbalances and fatigue
- The importance of thyroid health
- Optimizing your food selection criteria
- The nutrient-dense foods that energize you and help your baby grow optimally
- Lifestyle strategies for managing fatigue
Module 3: Protecting your baby from toxic exposures
- Why fear is the most damaging of all exposures
- Other toxic exposures to look out for
- How to prioritize the avoidance of exposures
- How and why every small step you take in the right direction is a huge gift to yourself, your baby and your family
Module 4: Taking your pregnancy nutrition to the next level
- How to eat
- The role of fat-soluble vitamins in your baby’s development
- Hydration tips
- How to upgrade your sleep habits
- Common concerns regarding nutrition and food safety
Module 5: Pregnancy Digest: Optimizing digestive and gut health
- How to prevent/limit/address reflux, heartburn and constipation
- Some underlying reasons for common digestive issues
- How balanced gut flora supports a healthy pregnancy
- How your healthy gut flora during pregnancy contributes to your baby’s lifelong health
- How your healthy gut flora reduces your chances of a positive Group B Strep (GBS) result, and why this matters
Module 6: Preparing for birth, breastfeeding and postpartum recovery
- How to plan ahead for post-partum healing
- How to help friends and family be truly helpful
- Strategies to optimize milk production and breastfeeding outcomes
At long last, here’s the nutrient-dense pregnancy program you’ve been waiting for!
When you sign up for the program, you will receive a workbook and participate in six meetings in a group setting. Your instructor will guide you and other participants through information and action steps designed to empower you to feed your fertile body with the ingredients it needs to grow and raise a healthy baby!
Optimal prenatal nutrition has as its main goals the building of a healthy baby and the nourishing of a healthy mother. It also provides a strong foundation for healthy nutrition for the whole family.
Eating for two: how and why does prenatal nutrition matter?
For many couples, a positive pregnancy test feels like a destination. It is, and it’s also the start of another journey, whose destination is the birth of your baby. And birth is the start of yet another journey! If you worked hard pre-conception to nourish your body with healthy, fertility-supporting foods, you have built a great tool kit to carry you forward. If you conceived your baby on the typical Western diet, you have all the more reason to introduce nutrient-dense foods at this time.
Here’s why nutrient-dense foods are important during pregnancy. If you’re like a lot of women, pregnancy may seem like an entitlement to eat whatever you like to your heart’s content. Our Western culture has a lot to say about pregnancy cravings and aversions, and often promotes the stereotype of indiscriminate indulgence during pregnancy. Of course, you should nourish yourself and your baby with joy and lightheartedness. And this program invites you to do so with nutrient-dense foods.
Throughout the program, you’ll learn how to feel your best during pregnancy while growing a happy baby with foods rich in the nutrients that support healthy development. In fact, prenatal nutrition really is one of the foremost foundations for your baby’s health throughout life. What an amazing gift to give your child and family!
Feeling your very best throughout pregnancy
The tips throughout the workbook aim not only to provide tasty foods with the right nutrients, but also to provide you with a set of nutritional foods and strategies to prevent (where possible) and limit symptoms that often occur during pregnancy. These include nausea, fatigue, cravings for sugars and starches, reflux, heartburn and more. The nutritional and lifestyle recommendations are designed to help you feel better throughout pregnancy, have an easier labor, delivery and post-partum recovery, and have a healthier baby.
Of course, we all have our own strengths and weaknesses in physical health as in all areas of life, so of course we can’t predict what results you will get by implementing the recommendations, or know what would happen if you don’t. Some of our bodies grant us a lot more leeway than others’, but whether you seem to do fine on a diet of donuts and fast “food” or whether you’ve always had to be more careful than the average person, it just makes sense to eat foods with nutrients to nourish you, help your baby grow strong and address common pregnancy stumbling blocks.
Is this program right for me?
This program is absolutely appropriate for any pregnant woman or expectant couple. Keep in mind that we all have unique health factors that may require individualization of one or more nutritional and lifestyle suggestions presented here. If you took the Feed Your Fertile Body!™ Program prior to conceiving, you’ll build on what you learned there, applying that knowledge to the new information. You’ll also review some information you’re already familiar with, both in the modules and in the appendix. But don’t worry about this program being redundant or repetitive of what you already know. In fact, pregnancy is such a very special time in our lives that it comes with a truly unique set of nutritional needs for both mother and baby.
If you didn’t take the preconception program, that’s perfectly fine. This program will provide you with the knowledge, skills and tools for a healthy, nutrient-dense pregnancy to keep you nourished and to help your baby grow strong and healthy.
Feed Your Pregnant Body!™ Program includes 6 sessions of 90 minutes each.
Both parents can benefit form the concepts taught in this course. The more aware a pregnant woman’s partner is of her nutritional and lifestyle needs, the more he or she can be involved in food preparation, lifestyle modifications and upgrades of home and body care products. The concepts taught in this course are not only applicable during pregnancy but also support a healthy family going forward.